PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Flight delay due to optional software update?
Old 3rd Feb 2018, 19:28
dastocks

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by RAT 5
If you are travelling on business, where your company has paid for your business class ticket, and you are downgraded to economy who is entitled to the compensation? You or your company?
I usually have the option of having my company buy the ticket or buying it myself and then claiming on expenses. I usually take the second option so any subsequent compensation definitely comes back to me.

When the company pays I can ask them to add my FF number to the booking, so I get the goodies anyway.

I suffered a weather related cancellation recently. I didn't get any "compensation" as such but the carrier paid for my hotel and that money came back to me. I booked myself onto an alternative flight with another carrier, expensed that flight and had the original booking shifted to a later date.

I recently woke up in a hotel to find there was no hot water available in the bathroom. The hotel chain has a 'full refund if dissatisfied' policy. I was invoiced for the full price of the stay, and that went onto my expense claim. I was then refunded for the 'bad' night to the credit card I had used to pay for the invoiced amount.

And; diverging slightly, but it has happened, at least in my experience as crew and hotels: who gets the airmiles or points?
Me! I choose to spend my employer's money at that hotel so I get the points.

Surely that would be a taxable benefit?
Points/airmiles schemes always declare the earned points to have no cash value, for this very reason.