PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Concorde 4590
Thread: Concorde 4590
View Single Post
Old 31st Jan 2018, 12:37
booke23

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by B Fraser
It was a multitude of failures to follow SOPs. I post here under my own name so please forgive me for calling a spade a spade but the elephant in the room here would appear to be operating culture.
I agree to a large extent. I was disappointed that the report did not probe the culture within the airline. There were also human factors lessons to be learnt
with regards to aircraft maintenance.....reading between the lines in the report, that undercarriage was reassembled incorrectly on a night shift (not the first or last time a serious maintenance error happened in the middle of the night).

However you have to ask.......if the aircraft was at MTOW (not over it), took off with the spacer in place the No 2 engine wasn't shut down.....would the outcome have been different? (btw the tank that ruptured wasn't overfilled according to the report)

Well the tyre would almost certainly still have burst. If it shed 4.5kg of rubber up against the tank it would still have ruptured and caught fire. If engine 2 hadn't been shut down it would have flamed out anyway as engine 1 did. So they may have flown a little bit further but the outcome would have been the same.