PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - RAAF Flight Screening Programme
View Single Post
Old 29th Jan 2018, 11:13
josephfeatherweight

Received 48 Likes on 21 Posts
Akahmi, I’d like to offer a small bit of advice, in the hope that you can settle down, have some introspective thoughts, and perhaps steer your application back onto the path of success.

Firstly, you have, within a very short time frame, managed to agitate some of your fellow applicants and indeed some current and former ADF aircrew, with your manner and tone of posting. If you can achieve that, online, on an anonymous forum, in less than a week, when you are ASKING for assistance, have a think about how you might come across in other situations IN PERSON.
maybe its because i'm indian
Secondly, if you quickly come to a conclusion that your ethnicity is a barrier to your selection, then I would humbly suggest that this is more of a problem you are creating. In my experience, individuals who jump to similar conclusions find it difficult to avoid these feelings affecting their personality, and it is THIS that people will judge you on - not your ethnicity. To be fair, I suggest this as a white, Anglo male who has not faced judgement based on such concerns. I will say that in my time in the RAAF, I did not witness anyone experiencing such barriers and I sincerely hope that there are none - the ADF is actively attempting to diversify its applicant intake. Don’t allow these preconceptions to be a barrier for you.

Finally, your posts are written like you are writing a text message to a mate, which, for an old-school codger like me, is not befitting of a Military Officer.
Spelling mistakes are lazy
Tammsworth
and
I guess it’s time that put the towel in
doesn’t make sense and indicates a willingness to give up - there have been people on this thread who tried for MANY YEARS and took MANY ATTEMPTS to get into the ADF.

From the above, it would be all too easy to look at you just simply from your posts and perhaps dismiss your application with a “Well, looks like the ADF dodged a bullet here...” - prove me wrong!
Sincere good luck!

Last edited by josephfeatherweight; 29th Jan 2018 at 11:51.