PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Qantas Recruitment
View Single Post
Old 28th Jan 2018, 22:47
V-Jet

Received 59 Likes on 29 Posts
And after they've studied for the aptitude test maybe they can brush up on their customer service skills on how to manage a restaurant when **** hits the fan...
That's not a joke either, folks. It also gives you an idea of the mental understanding the people who 'run' the airline actually have of what an airline really does. Qf pilots got an email a few years ago explaining how to identify a 747!

If it were me (and I'm pretty confident I wouldn't get in) I would -LOVE- to question the questioner as to what restaurant/business experience they actually have, and in fact have they ever even owned, run or managed said business. IE: given their provable lack of experience in those types of matters, what the hell are they doing asking absolutely stupid questions they have no personal idea of the 'right' answer to?

I suspect it's partly about choosing 100% yes men* who will swallow drivel from their incompetent managers without question. And that is EXACTLY the sort of person I would NOT want in the LH seat on an aircraft I was travelling on, and unlike an HR drone, I DO know what I'm talking about.

*Being slightly facetious I suspect women only need be 10% yes men (lesbians even less so) given current attitudes to gender equality at QF.