PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Airbus nose gear - Typically how long in air after main gear touchdown?
Old 27th Jan 2018, 09:08
Hodd

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by FlightDetent
As a consequence, for all the landings when reversers are open in a timely andcorrect manner (at MLG touchdown) the poor guys at MCC
- receive (string of) messages from the on-board monitoring system
- telling them the REVs did open too early, i.e. without NLG on ground
- everybody knows it's a false positive
- it's not an airworthiness issue because only the MX monitioring system isaffected
- it creates HEAPS of unnecessary workload when the engineers need to formallyinvestigate, troubleshoot and close with no fault found every single of thosefalse-positive messages (quality control on their side).
Good summary. Whilst it’s not an airworthiness issue, it would create lots of unnecessary work, i.e. two reports per landing for every aircraft whenever thrust reversers are used, if left unfixed. As this issue has been spotted at the development phase, it’s only right and responsible to fix it.

Originally Posted by FlightDetent
Hoddo I understand correctly that: You have a plan to PATCH the ground-based partof the MX monitoring system
- so that the false-positive REV UNLK before TCHDN messages would be discardedautomatically
- because the root FIX in the on-board part of the MX monitoring system is justnot coming (yet): A/C type either too old, too new or too unique
I’m not familiar with MX, but it’s a new aircraft type. My suggestion of a time delay would “mute” spurious alerts upon landing provided the nose gear touches down within the specified time. Other options such as using just the main landing gear as inputs for the alert logic are also viable. The fix would be on the aircraft software side and not ground based.