PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - NAS on the skids?
View Single Post
Old 21st Sep 2003, 16:37
DickyBaby

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
WELCOME BACK!!!

Dear BIK,

Thanks for finally wading in. It was with a heavy heart that I read all the supporting opinions in this thread - mind you I never for a moment considered that mine or the other opinions posted before your vitriolic spray of fertiliser indicating that the professional users of the airspace aren't entitled to a say, was the ONLY opinion.

Of course different viewpoints will be there depending what your usage is. I just can't reconcile a system where you do whatever you want whilst the RPTs pay for it. There's plenty of scope for you to pull on your terry-towelling hat and strap on your kneeboard before going flying for free. You can't do everything for free - be satisfied with a balance that ensures that someone will come looking for you when you don't cancel your SARtime (indeed that there's somewhere for you to lodge your SARtime), and equally when you do go flying at 70KTS true, the SAAB running up your arse gets reasonable warning before the flysh!t on the windscreen sprouts wings.

In the words of Tobzalp "Grow up". The 6000 odd pilots and controllers whose signatures are behind the letter to the Minister should be entitled to a say.

PS I may not be a pilot but I am professional. Don't forget it.