PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Air Cadets grounded?
View Single Post
Old 25th Jan 2018, 08:37
Why oh why

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by squawking 7700
cats - Indeed, these aircraft's recent maintenance programme and history has been akin to that of a back street garage.......but without the history, because that's acknowledged (by 2FTS) as destroyed - who let the contractor destroy essential paperwork? going back to market value, without that provenance the asset value is markedly reduced.
I seem to recall that i addressed that fact in my post and the market value was adjusted to compensate for that.
My wife is Slovakian and rest assured the paperwork as it is would not prevent a Viking/Acro being registered (after appropriate sensible inspection) there, indeed a ASW20 that hadnt been flown for a good decade has been imported, examined and is now flying with virtually no paperwork history. That would be echoed in any eastern European state.

Quote. Regarding G103 (in all its incarnations) v Puchacz - in the context of Air Cadet training, the Puchacz is unsuitable, it's not as robust as the Grob, it doesn't have the winch speed latitude and it has its stall/spin characteristic.

At no point did i mention the use of the Puchacz in Air Cadet training, i said that virtually every eastern European club given the choice of a Puchacz or a Acro, would have the Acro