PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - RAAF Flight Screening Programme
View Single Post
Old 24th Jan 2018, 10:15
Akahmi

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hey guys, I'm also a current ADF pilot applicant. I failed my initial aptitude testing however after a year of hard work I breezed through the initial aptitude and additional testing, I didn't have any certified hours however I had been flying recreational at my local flying club and was told by the recruiters that email proof of the pilots I flew with would be enough so I didn't spend any money on flights.

Consequently I had about 7.5 hours of flight time but the problem was that after I passed my assessment day, I didn't submit my form for flying hours until about 3 months later. I submitted it around June 7th last year. My high school grades were alright higher than average and I got an OP 6 in high school and started doing engineering at uni however the results at my uni were quite average as I wasn't really focusing on it as much as I was looking at it as a factor to fill time.

Anyway after my application was submitted they asked me for my uni results and I never heard anything back. My question is what could be some reasons I was not selected for flight screening? A mate of mine got an OP 14 and still got selected for flight screening but not me? I'm just trying to see what my short comings are. So I called up my recruiter and asked them to put me into this years pool of applicants for FSP.

Do you guys have any advice on what I need to do and why I wasn't selected for FSP? Do I need to get official hours through certified instructors in my log book? I'm going to be increasing my uni marks this year without a doubt so that won't be an issue. Also what are my chances of being selected if I'm being put into this years pool of selection early on?

Cheers