PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Duty free allowed again!
View Single Post
Old 24th Jan 2018, 06:45
fliion

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by sealear
I agree, don't expect anything for a long time. They are seeing just how low they can go without a mass exodus. The fact that a target hasn't even been set when we are looking at a massive profit tells me that there won't be anything.
Slight correction - The reason there was no target set was because last year the target was 7.2bn and 2.5bn was achieved compared to a profit the previous year of 8bn profit (7.7 target)

The lack of target was not as a result of ‘massive profit’ at the time - in relative terms that is.

Always interesting to read the posts of those who are ‘certain’ we are not getting anything, happens every year with the usual suspects - yet since 2003 we have missed step twice 2009 & 2017, and since 2008 profit share four out of 10 times
2009, 2012, 2013 & 2017

Not getting into the threshold/package debate, we are way behind & I’m not defending the Co. but for the most part the doomsdayers have been wrong yet somehow keep comin back for more.

I’m cautiosly optimistic of a small profit share 2-4, step / raise anyone’s guess.

I should point out that if the 78-92-88 threshold was taken into account along with everything else we are down double digits in salary in the last 10 years - a disgrace, but we know that already.

Helmet strap tightened! 😯