PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - My dream - advice please (collective thread)
Old 24th Jan 2018, 02:41
Kafkaw

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hello all.
A 15 year old from Kuwait (yes that part of the world) aspiring to be a pilot (military fighter, transport/commercial airline transport pilot). Due to the whole "We don't have enough planes fiasco" going on in my Air Force, I'm currently looking into going into one of 3 airlines, Kuwait, Qatar, or Emirates. Currently, education-wise, have a steady 3.0 GPA average, finished Algebra iI, biology, taking pre-calc, chemistry, calculus, and physics in the coming years.

I speak both Arabic and English fluently, and have been playing flight sims for around 2 years now. Now my question is, what should I do? Apparently, the only way Kuwait Airways accept anyone is if they go through their own program for CPL/ATP/MOC, however I've been given an opportunity to start my PPL now, and not sure whether to take it or not. Also will be looking for a bachelor's degree in college/uni, and unsure whether to go a "normal" Uni, or a Uni with a flight degree/program, again this conflicting with possibly going into Kuwait airways. Lastly, going to see if I can be an airline pilot in the first place by going for a EASA Class 1, but any tips from now would still be appreciated.
Thanks all!

Tips in general on the best way to enter the aviation industry would be great as I get so lost from all the different approaches you can take into the industry.