PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Belfast International-2
View Single Post
Old 23rd Jan 2018, 23:22
EGAC is Better

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by DC9_10
Poor show EGAC. Rain does not cause gridlock. Most people choose to fly from BFS which is a fact. Try getting to BHD from north or west Belfast in the the rush hours and BFS is easier. Nearly six million passengers agree. BTW, the capacity restriction was lifted more than two years ago at BHD. To bad no uptake.
Stipulations in the Planning Agreement

• Operating hours: flights may only be scheduled to operate between 06:30 hours and 21:30 hours. Extensions may be granted in exceptional circumstances to facilitate delayed aircraft up to 23:59 hours.

• Movements cap: GBBCA may only operate 48,000 aircraft movements in any 12 month period.

Seats for sale: airlines may offer no more than 2,000,000 seats for sale on flights from the Airport in any 12 month period.

Direct from City Airports Noise Complaints Page on their website. Are they providing incorrect information? All of the above impact on the passenger number figures because they reduce the appeal of operating there. Only a straight shootout on a level playing field would show a true reflection of demand per location, until then it is all conjecture.

Yes, I have tried getting to BHD from North Belfast in rush hour. My experiences have been much worse getting from East and South Belfast to Aldergrove in comparison.

Rain or any kind of adverse weather doesn’t cause gridlock in Belfast? I think it’s pretty clear to anyone who commutes to Belfast that it does and that causes problems getting to airports because they have shocking public transport links.

Nearly six million passengers don’t agree that BFS is easier to get to. Nearly 6 million passengers agree they can get to fly for cheaper, to more places, more often from Aldergrove so thats where they fly from.