PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Things to ponder when considering EK
View Single Post
Old 23rd Jan 2018, 10:04
harry the cod

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Still here Talparc? Thought you would have left years ago judging by you dissatisfaction and non sensical ramblings. (Mr. Wong?) You really need to get a life.

SOPS

Taken slightly out of context in the way I presented the term but point taken. However, surely all potential joiners will have done their research before joining, I did and I'm sure you too. How many pilots genuinely believed that such a culture would be present in this region? You're right though, it should be and we have a right to expect it given the operational pressures and challenges that are present. Unfortunately, perception and reality are often two very different entities, especially here in EK, and it's one of the major reasons why people are not joining. This Company requires 50-60 new recruits per month and at the end of 2017, we received just under 80 in a four and a half month period. Attrition rate was around 4.5% last year, up from an average of 2.8%. Expat airlines will always have a higher than average leaving rate compared to the normal carriers but the current exodus of pilots is concerning.

Capn Rex Havoc

I was mainly referring to training events or issues of a safety concern. You obviously know the event and individual far better than I so couldn't comment, other than to agree with your statement. Regardless of fault, when the upper echelons decide on a verdict, it's very rare to have it overturned. In this Company, it would appear that every department is protecting it's own arse in a fear filled silo of paranoia and bureaucracy. Sticking their necks out against old Timmy would not be in anyones interest. Unless they really ARE stupid!

Harry