PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Ryanair Cancelling flights!
View Single Post
Old 21st Jan 2018, 12:50
VJW

Received 14 Likes on 5 Posts
He’s not the odd one out, you’re just one of the many that believe that expenses and pension is something that all airlines quote as part of the salary.

Here’s what I make as a UK captain before any ‘deal’

£62k basic, £6 expenses, £32k sector pay based on 900 hrs (I flew 890 last year) & £6k pension.

That’s £106k roughly speaking and you get NOTHING else on top.

Only in RYR do they need to include £6k expenses and pension figures to get the Captain ‘salary’ over £100k. Expenses isn’t salary- it’s money I spend on my uniform, LOL medicals and Food/drink when I work (I spend £400 a year on bottled water!). That is what other proper airlines give you for free. So £106k is actually £100k.

The new deal has a £10k addition to the basic salary and quite frankly that’s it. Yes there’s a new productivity bonus of £12k, but unlike in EasyJet’s where you get the same simply by being loyal and still being at the company, in RYR you need to work days off to get this additional bonus. Again it’s not too many days off for £12k, but the point is let’s compare like for like. Ones called Loyalty one Productivity.

Finally the pension is now £8k not £6?! Big whop- it’s finally that of what EasyJet pay.

In Ryanair’s eyes that’s a total of 10+12+2 £24k more per year - £106 + 24 equals the £130k we all keep hearing.

Let’s minus pension, bonus and expenses off this this number so we can compare properly. When we do this it becomes £106 -6 -6 = £94k (my current deal) plus £10k for new deal is £104k.

When I join Easy, the BASIC is £105k. Let’s just sit and think on that for a second.

That figure also doesn’t include pension contributions from company, loyalty bonus, personal bonus, all the Lol/uniform/Medical/car park/food/water etc benefits the £6k pays you to sort yourself.

It also doesn’t include SECTOR PAY.

I said no to the new deal twice now even though I’m leaving. Best of luck.