PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - OH You New York Girls....Can't You Dance The Polka!
Old 19th Jan 2018, 15:57
SASless

Received 506 Likes on 210 Posts
I have flown that wonderful Chinook single crew....for a single circuit....so I suppose I could have left off the mention of the rest of the crew as it was an exception that disproved the Rule.

It was not that great a leap from being an Instructor with two new Students in a Conversion Course but we always had at least one rear crew even on those trips.

For those who talk of Cockpit Gradient....think about that for a moment.

A young Warrant Officer Instructor and Studes ranking up to LTCol.

Or...young Warrant Officer flying Operational missions with the Unit Commander who was not authorized to be an Aircraft Commander.

Lets not overthink this shall we.

The Handling Pilot made a bad turn and knocked off the Tail Wheel...things happened despite the best training and well thought out policies and procedures.

Things happen fast sometimes that all the planning and SOP's cannot prevent.

All this video does is to prove even on what appears to be an open Heliport...there are obstacles that can be a threat to the safe operation of the aircraft.

There is not one of us out here that has not had a close call of some kind despite thinking ourselves as being the consummate professional.

Perhaps just watching the video and thinking....I shall never do that on purpose, is all we need to learn from it.