PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - OH You New York Girls....Can't You Dance The Polka!
Old 18th Jan 2018, 08:01
[email protected]

Received 611 Likes on 267 Posts
Not making excuses for them - I'm sure they can do that for themselves. Of course it was a mess, but I think it would be reasonable to hear what actually went on inside that aircraft before leaping to conclusions. That might have some bearing on whether it was 'inexcusable' or not - IMHO.
Given that they all seemed to be in their normal crew positions at a pretty low level of arousal, what could be going on inside the aircraft to cause such a mistake other than an outbreak of 'dullness'.

Not even the busiest ATC RT should divert the HPs attention from driving the aircraft safely so, unless one of the crew casually mentioned that he had been sleeping with the HP's wife/partner/significant other, just as he was about to manoeuvre into the parking slot, it is difficult to imagine why professional aircrew should have dropped their guard so significantly.

It could have been much worse if the TR had struck as well.

Never point fingers, may be you next.
If it walks like a duck and quacks like a duck, all the pretending in the world won't stop it being a duck.

I am very well aware that it could happen to me, hence my earlier comments about using it as a wake-up call to self - the flight isn't over until you are back in the crewroom.