PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - EK Resignation Tips
View Single Post
Old 17th Jan 2018, 15:18
Bus Driver Man

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
kcar:
There's no relocation allowance, but you can ship cargo (almost) for free with SkyCargo. You only pay the customs fee and any external cargo handling company at the destination.
Or you can use Freightworks (invoiced directly to EK) or any other shipping company (payed upfront, reimbursed by EK).
Your HR coordinator will tell you how much you are entitled to and I believe you can do this anytime during your notice period. Same for your family's repatriation ticket: If their visas are cancelled, the can get their tickets.

rocketsurgeon:
According the briefing notes: "Travel date must be at least 1 day after your last date of service, not on or before."
You can stay longer if you want, as long as you comply with the government regulations.
You might be able to leave earlier as well, if your roster permits and with the approval of the HR coordinator, but expect to be flying until 3 days before your last day of service. (3 Days given for visa clearance.)

I have to say that I was given a lot of useful information by the End of Service department and any questions and issues were quickly answered and dealt with by my HR coordinator.