PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Job satisfaction in Qatar Airways
View Single Post
Old 15th Jan 2018, 07:20
Avenger

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
It is true that attitudes have changed over the past 5 years or so and "living the dream" has partly become a matter of exit planning after accumulating enough wealth. Yes, its also true that several cabin crew were terminated for dating pilots, but they knew the rules regarding cohabitation on joining.. one could argue in the "normal world" this is harsh, but it's their world and they set the rules. Salaries are good, however costs are high, and getting much higher, hence the ability to save is reduced if you want a normal european style life. The blockade is still having a very negative effect,both on commuting and operations. Lack of training capacity means rosters are getting worse and if you are a trainer they expect machine like capacity. Once the kids get above about 4 its worth thinking of their futures and growing up in the ME may hinder their progress when they repatriate, ok schools are good, but expensive and not the "real McCoy" If you are a new joiner coming from a country that is worse, and there are many, then this is a good option, in a way Qatar is becoming like the foreign legion, a place to escape to for a limited time, and Compared to EK, Qatar are saints!