PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Virgin Australia recruitment
View Single Post
Old 15th Jan 2018, 02:17
"Littlebird"

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by jetlikespeeds
If you want to get into Virgin later on then go for Qlink Dash 8. If you want to fly for Qantas Mainline or any other of their jet subsidiaries then go for the ATR gig, such is the nature of the game. Unfortunately, due to not wanting to affect staffing levels at the regional parts of their own business, they are prepared to say goodbye to pilots that leave to go to other operators rather than promote from within and treat their staff with respect.

JLS.
And there lies the problem folks. For every five pilots that are not retained and manage to leave Qlink or VAA ATR, a couple would be lost forever to overseas operators. Not everyone can return to Aus at a later date due to various circumstances otherwise everybody including myself would do or would have. If the airlines can't see the impedending wreck just over the horizon then gods speed to them.
With the US being so short as well, some airlines that actually forward plan are contempleting taking just about every applicant they can with an ATPL, 3000 hrs, English level 6 and most important the personality and attitude to be trained. Of course this means a significant investment from the employer but what's the alternative going to be moving forward?
In addition some major airlines are investigating options to do something they said they would never do. Yes open new bases all over the world including Aus. You lucky buggers! I wish I was a tad younger. L.B