PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - NAS on the skids?
View Single Post
Old 20th Sep 2003, 02:39
WALLEY2

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs up THANK you one and all

As many of you are aware the Airport Owners (AAA ) have been fighting the MBZ to CTAF(USA) changes.

Unlike other non professional pilots or ATC experts we have not questioned the enroute aspects of the NAS, though technical reading in particular the Captain B-ville And--son Report and the Unissued Report of the CASA AA and NAS IG of thier USA fact finding tour, made clear there was also concerns in this area.

I will post these reports and other relevant reports next week for others to access.

We have had numerous correspondence with the Dep PM department on the NAS terminal Airspace changes. We recieved letters from them advising that airports like Broome and Ayers Rock work well in CTAF in the USA.

Then later we were to be told via a Mr D S--th Press Release that there are no such airports in the USA and we must install a D Class Tower.

Clearly this tower idea then flows on to other major regional airports and the implications of costs are huge. Once again no thought given to data or analysis. As an engineer I personally find it amazing. Why not flip a coin save time and money.

Heads: CTAF Tails: D Tower if it stands on its edge: keep the same proven MBZ system, done now lets go and save the World.

A number of the regional airports are considering advising the Minister that if they try to impliment CTAF at major regional aiports without a site specific safety case we will close the aiports.

In view of the letter posted here and to stop the union bashing counter attack I will try to get the first letter from concerned airports out Monday.

KK I found my self having to post this comment after reading yours Mr D S--th has been kind enough to ring me on a number of occasions to discuss my concerns, though none of the correspondence we were discussing was initially addressed to him.

These chats take 1 hour plus, though my air time is usually restricted to 10 mins, the last of these chats was two days ago.

Mr D S--th kindly phoned to advise me he had told the Dep PM I was stupid and shelfish and an idiot, who was being hoodwinked by unionist and fools. He couldn't understand how a fellow entrepeneur (me) could be so naive.

I felt rather special to be so mentioned in dispatches at the highest of levels and in my absence.

Now I find I am just a Johnny come lately at the end of a long queue, are well I will console myself with the hope that my fellow fools and idiots gone ahead of me are cut with the same cloth.

We the damned, those precious precious few !!!!

KK