PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Prostate cancer
Thread: Prostate cancer
View Single Post
Old 14th Jan 2018, 18:19
Loose rivets
Psychophysiological entity

Location: Tweet Rob_Benham Famous author. Well, slightly famous.
Received 33 Likes on 16 Posts
I thought Canada was big on HIFU, but my encounter with Prostate cancer was at least 8 years ago.

I got a Gleeson 4 + 3, the worst way around and was on the borderline for Brachytherepy. But just scrapped in.

The biopsy was 12 stings, the only anaesthetic being local via the same route.

They said it was like being stung by an elastic band. And that was about it.

The "Volume studies" needed a general, as did the insertion of the seeds. (made in Canada.) I had no real after-care. Isn't that strange? Just let them know the PSA a couple of time.

Bad things. I did get some tendancy towards 'Bowl hurry.' All normal, except I don't get very long warning times. Long flights and I zap myself with Piccolax and time it so I've stopped pooing by the time I'm on the aircraft.

Brachytherapy is big down under I'm told. In NZ, anyway.

Radgirl.

I'm very concerned about the use of anaesthetic. Given people don't seem to know exactly how it works, I wonder where the boardline is between people of my age who should not have it if possible, and folk that are going to be unaffected. I had a long briefing from my son about new drugs and the way they work, and the way they affect the synapses. Quite astonishing what they're learning now, but I just have a niggling doubt we get away with things Scott free.

An interesting subject.

In haste.

Oh, just a mention about my viewpoint (no pun) I had back of the eye surgery with local, also two carpal tunnel ops. I was allowed to look into my hand,.