PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Emirates (EK) Interview - all you need to know about it (threads merged)
Old 14th Jan 2018, 17:05
pilotguy1222

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Serenity
So if offered a course, can you delay it???
Is it a one off offer only??
What fleets are being recruited on??
Is anyone happy??

Honest answers not whinging please, have big decisions to make!!
Thanks.
You use to be able to choose your time frame. 6 weeks to 14 weeks for the people a few classes before and after mine. I waited 10 weeks from the job offer email.

Both, but nobody seems to be qualified for the 380. They wanted almost 300 for it in 2017, got less than 100. 777 training is running full steam.

KL covered the happy part pretty well. This place has been on a downhill slide every year I have been here.
I am not unhappy, but I have lost my motivation and enthusiasm for EK. I work a little too much, but I love the flying. I enjoy Dubai, but almost nothing is cheap here, so I spend a little and I save a little.
I know and FO here with a wife and 2 kids. They are thrifty with there spending and they manage to save just over $4000 per month.

I know people that are happy. I know many more that are content. I also know many who have left, or are in the process of leaving.

In preparation for a let down when this year's pay review happens, I just started on the only app I will be sending out. Once finished, maybe I will have an option. Time will tell.