PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Maun, Botswana. The essential guide.
View Single Post
Old 12th Jan 2018, 23:58
Elevators

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Jorn
thank for the answers... anyone can give updates about housing and prices?
The numbers from the first page are way out of date. now i find prices for tent per night about 80P. what about food and taxi?
Whats the actual Internet Wifi condition right now at audi camp or old bridge backpackers?
Where to go these days ?
Old Bridge is a good place to start. It has a good bar. I think P80 if you have your own tent. Alfa Accomodation is a good option also at P100 for your own room and it’s close to town. You’ll appreciate concrete walls and having a place to put your belongings after living in a tent. Nobody stays at Audi Camp anymore, I think they became quite expensive. Motsebe Backpackers is also worth considering, just make sure you don’t leave valuable around.

Taxis are P4 for a shared taxi and P40 for a private one. Food is imported and can be pricey. Choppies and Spar in town are the local supermarkets. Become friend with the Choppies butcher and you will have cheap fillet steak for days! There is even a Woolworths!

Chilli farm cafe will take the place of Bon Arrivee which is now closed. You can get good coffee and wifi at Chilli. As far as internet and data, get an Orange sim. The cost of data in Botswana’s rubbish phone network will drive you nuts.