PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - EK207 Jfk
Thread: EK207 Jfk
View Single Post
Old 12th Jan 2018, 07:23
KippaLippa

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
super pilots

I just don't get it.

so, ek207... They f@$#d up. yes. They did, indeed.

fatigue, unfamiliarity, confusing training, company policies, confusing inboard "aids", horrific management "styles", unfriendly ATC are all contributing factors to taking a crew otherwise well prepared a little step further towards disaster.

I believe we agree on these statements.

what I fail to understand is the total lack of respect in both directions.
"NYC ATC the worst in the world!"
"JFK a third world airport"
"if you can't fly an airplane stay home!"
"I flew it upside down and I'm fine.. you are useless pilots"

seriously?
JFK ATC is probably very friendly to americans.
not so much to non-native English speakers.
They lack basic patience.
had no issues myself, but I've seen people getting really a hard time by them, strong Newyork accent.... slang... speaking at unacceptable rate.

207, was it related to this? Probably not at all.
and I say probably because I wasn't there. But I struggle to imagine a reason why ATC would be a concern while well into an approach procedure.
They actually tried to help, and maybe saved the day on that occasion if the pilots started the go around because of their alert.

but saying that ATC in NYC is the best or that it doesn't have flaws... that's a different story altogether.

They are one of the busiest gateways to the USA and yet they don't want to adapt to the fact that hundreds of pilots from everywhere in the world operate there.
And aviation English level 4 doesn't mean I know or understand NYC slang.
nor that I understand you when you're talking to me and I'm still decelerating on the runway after touch down.
nor that I'm able to plan for your 46 different approaches all in use at the same time for three or four different runways and change it several times.
nor that it makes any sense to me that you yell in the radio that I have to tell you my parking stand after landing. me? really? that's unique.
There would be many other "nor"s but I think these are enough for making my point.
again, none of them is ek207 related.

but guys, a little respect for each other, please!
This really is the single most important bit that would make me think this is truly a "ProfessionalPilots"RuNe.
otherwise just make another forum and call it RuNe.

my 20 fils

KL

Last edited by KippaLippa; 12th Jan 2018 at 07:33. Reason: corrections