PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - EasyJet MPL 2017
View Single Post
Old 11th Jan 2018, 21:22
doz111

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by dgwhitc
I am currently a teacher and want to change career. I am 30 with a wife and two kids who are very supportive of my potential change. It is always something I have wanted to do but I had my family young and teaching was a safer route. I used to fly gliders as a teenager with the Air Cadets so I am not a complete novice with a 'pie in the sky' dream. I am at early stages with my research but would like some advice on the EasyJet MPL route (assuming I were to be successful of course!).

I am more interested in what happens at the end of the 18months of training. There is lots of information regarding possible training routes but not quite so much on what happens at the end. I understand that my base could be anywhere (hopefully in the UK) which we can deal with for a few years until a space in Edinburgh opened up but what sort of "take home pay" would I be looking at? The advertised salaries of 40 - 50k in the first few years are very tempting and similar to what I am earning now but I understand this could be misleading depending on how many hours i'd be used as well as paying back bonds etc.

Many Thanks.

£40k is about right as a starting salary if you're based in UK, France or Italy. At the moment there are zero hours contracts in the UK still though, which results in much less pay over the winter than summer.

You have to factor in loan repayments of up to around £1500 a month though, unless you have managed to save up £100k.