PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Southampton-2
Thread: Southampton-2
View Single Post
Old 10th Jan 2018, 18:52
Reversethrustset

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Rivet Joint
Sorry but you are not talking sense. You only have to look at the discrepancies between the arrivals and departure boards on any given day to see that the majority of arrivals (even the ones that arrive early) are departing late. Of course this could be down to a number of reasons but SOU prides itself on its car to plane time duration, and from personal experience I could not find fault with that. It stands to reason that the lack of any real taxiways is a huge handicap with planes effectively having to sit on stands whilst the runway becomes free. If it was not an important cog in an efficient airport why do all airports have them? Apart from LCY, which other airport in the whole of the UK have backtracking of the runway? Even if this point could be argued, your point is flawed in that a well run business plans for the future, it does not wait until it is crippled before putting its hand in its pocket. The low cost operators would be turned off long before that.
Sorry Rivet Joint but your own contradictions are laughable, in one breath you're saying my argument doesn't make sense because there are delays departing, then in the other breath you're saying this could be down to a number of reasons; make your mind up, if you want to counter argue something then at least have the facts to hand. I have never been delayed at SOU due to the runway/taxiway/backtracking etc being congested.
All airports have them? what about Cardiff, Exeter to name a couple and I'm sure there's more that I can find, I just can't be bothered to go search for them.
I think the sad fact of the matter is that you lot on here want the investment and growth more than the SOU management want it. At the end of the day you can want it all you want, it doesn't make a jot of difference, if the management don't want it then you can dream up any plans you want, but at the end of the day your opinions, dreams and aspirations are irrelevant. If you troll through the last 2 years of pages on this thread it will reveal that every third page contains the same old conversations over and over again like a stuck record. No doubt we'll have a 2 week break then you will go over the same stuff - again. Well I'm afraid it doesn't make the management inept or other people's opinions wrong, it just means they have different aspirations to you, that's life, get over it.