PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - ATPL Flight Planning Tricks, Short Cuts etc
Old 10th Jan 2018, 01:36
CBR205

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Does anyone actually know if CASA has done any proper review of the subject and the way it is presented?

Both in terms of the exam tolerances and the relevance of the content to actual real world flight planning. While I can see some arguments about needing to understand how performance calculations such as these are worked out is the level it is pitched correct? Generally one would think that with three consecutive years of below 50% pass rate and assuming people are doing thier best to study it (and not just eager to throw away 180$) would this not indicate there is something wrong? Or is it a case of "I had to do it back when so you should have to do it like I did." I struggle to think of any other training or testing institution that would not look into such a thing. Unless multiple attempt boost the CASA piggy bank via their delivery fee.

However if the goal is to prepare people for the real world would it not make sense to have them plan using modern day methods. And perhaps use an aircraft that is actually still flown in this country.