PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Air Cadets grounded?
View Single Post
Old 9th Jan 2018, 15:34
Olympia 463

Cats 5

I agree with Frelon. You seem to have no idea what the ATC is/was about. I was trained in a BGA club exclusively by ex-ATC instructors. The most patient and helpful men you could hope to come across. I eventually became an instructor, and flew with three BGA clubs. I wish I could say that all my fellow instructors were like the ATC chaps. In one club they were so macho that the CFI asked me to take over training all the lady ab-initios because several of them had been shouted at by their instructors. Apparently I had a gentler approach. Also the competitive element in the BGA flying was always causing friction in the instructing branch. I hated going to instructors meetings in one club because of the attitude of some of my fellow instructors. Most sports (and the BGA is a sporting organisation, make no mistake) tend to develop people with big heads. I'm quite sure the ATC would have dealt with that in very short order.

As Frelon says there is no way you can compare what the ATC was trying to do with what the BGA does.