PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Air Cadets grounded?
View Single Post
Old 9th Jan 2018, 14:21
Frelon

Received 5 Likes on 1 Post
BGA vs Air Cadet Gliding!!!!

Originally Posted by cats_five
Indeed, we have had more than one BI who was under 21. But most BGA clubs were developing their own Junior flying schemes long before this debacle surfaced.
This is not a p!ssing contest between the BGA clubs and Air Cadet Gliding, your postings are now getting boring!

Very early on you admitted that "I have no idea what the ATC do as I was never part of the organisation. I'm looking in from outside." and posted "So let's hear it - what is the real point of ATC gliding? Teaching cadets to fly a glider, or something else hung on a bit of gliding?"

Many forumites have tried to educate you about how Air Cadet gliding is/was not about making cross country soaring pilots! But you appear not able to read, or are ignoring the many postings with the answers!

Interestingly you posted "There is very little to be said about the grounding. For a fleet of in the region of 100 gliders spread around the country to all be grounded must have taken a systemic failure from the top to the bottom of the organisation - only the Cadets are blameless. "

This is where you are wrong. Of course the cadets are blameless but so are the unpaid volunteer staff (instructors and staff cadets at the various VGS around the country). The problems lay with those highly paid VSOs who were responsible for allowing this debacle to get to the state that it was in over a number of years.

Engines pointed out, "The problem is not 'the paperwork'. The problems are the failures of organisation, culture and competence that led to the paperwork being in an unholy mess."

You rightly said, "It would have happened whatever the gliders were. Some of them are being 'recovered' e.g. minutely inspected and work done as required, paperwork correct and up-today and are starting to emerge and fly again. The big question I don't think I've seen addressed is what has been done to ensure yet another systemic top to bottom failure doesn't happen now the gliders are fit to fly again."

Believe you me Cat, those at the top will never allow this to happen again. There is going to be so much paperwork you will not believe it. Everybody involved will have to sign their lives away.

So Cat forget about how the BGA is better than Air Cadet flying. We have read your posts, some of which are constructive, but most are showing your complete lack of understanding of Air Cadet gliding.

I respect your civilian gliding experience, but there are some posters here who have instructed with the Air Cadets and are now instructing with the BGA (indeed some do both quite well).

The question we should all be asking is when are we going to see the end of this debacle and get the Air Cadets back where they belong, in the air, in gliders?

Good luck to those trying to make it happen.