PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - DHC Beaver down in Hawkesbury
View Single Post
Old 7th Jan 2018, 02:44
megan

Received 362 Likes on 192 Posts
There are two interesting points about this data. First, does it relate to aircraft with wheels, skis or floats? I would expect a difference between, say, wheels and floats
The flight manual says there is no difference in stall speed between wheels, skis or floats (Section IV, page 40).

From the FAA TCDS.

Certification - CAR 10 in conformity with data forming the basis for DOT Aircraft Type Approval No. A-22 based on British Civil Airworthiness Requirements as amended to June 1, 1947, Normal Category, and Information Circular T/4/48 dated March 3, 1948. (This certification equivalent to CAR 3 dated November 13, 1945). FAA Airplane Type Certificate No. A-806 amended to May 6, 1953 was issued. Date of application for Type Certificate March 21, 1947 (to the DOT).

Equipment - The basic required equipment as prescribed in the applicable airworthiness regulations (see Certification Basis) must be installed in the aircraft for certification.

In addition, the following items of equipment must be in each aircraft at all times:

1. Canadian approved de Havilland DHC-2 Mk. I Flight Manual dated March 31, 1956.

2. Current de Havilland Beaver Weight and Balance Report, including list of Equipment in Certificated Weight Empty. (Items listed as required equipment must not be removed unless replaced by approved equipment items).
Hard to see our regulatory allowing operations without a flight manual when the FAA calls for its mandatory carriage. Bless me, Connedrod wrong, again?