PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - EasyJet-5
Thread: EasyJet-5
View Single Post
Old 6th Jan 2018, 09:54
EGAC is Better

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by canberra97
British Airways have a basic fare which was introduced about two years ago that is cabin bag only and no free seat allocation unlike the regular fare which the majority purchase includes your 23kg hold baggage plus free seating within 24 hours of departure.

I don't often travel with EasyJet but I'm often on their website checking fares and doing dummy bookings, the other day I was looking at several destinations and went as far as the payment page and I hadn't noticed that baggage was now priced per sector, when I checked the BA website for price comparisons they came out cheaper than EasyJet when I took in account of the checked hold baggage and reserved seats that I had added on the EasyJet booking.

I will have to go to my history on the route EasyJet website to have a look at the different prices based on each flight to see how many they were. I'm not doubting you now that you have kindly responded to my previous post but to be honest I think the whole concept absolutely stinks and out of principle I won't be using EasyJet for such extortionate rip off extra ancillary costs for hold baggage which is purely down to greed on behalf of EasyJet not a necessary a good move in my opinion.
Not that it is suitable for everyone but my easyJet Plus card costs £200 per year. For that I am guaranteed; two bags onboard, any seat on the aircraft, fast track security, speedy boarding and free change to earlier flights when on business all at no extra cost. I have never had to book a hold bag. BA Exec club won’t offer anything like that until you reach Silver/Gold status which can run to £1000’s

Join the British Airways Executive Club and on your profile where it says seat preferences and tick the appropriate box as to your preferred seat, once you make a booking your preferred seat is allocated and if you wish to change it you can do so within 24 hours of departure
I have a BA Exec card that was once Silver. Never once have I been assigned my preferred window seat, even when window seats are still available for purchase. I have always had to change 24hrs in advance which invariably means moving backwards if I want a window.