PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Northern premier league stadium/nearby airfield
Old 5th Jan 2018, 11:41
Golf--Lima--Papa

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by piperboy84
Good old Fulham, now that brings back fond memories, back in 79 I was a lad of 16 on the farm in Scotland, the economy was in the toilet and the old man told me to go find work. Headed down to London and got a job as a gardener with the London Bourough of Fulham and Hammersmith at the Lillie Road recreational centre (I even had a proper donkey jacket with LBFH on the collar). My job during that long hot summer when the city was abuzz with McEnroe/Borg fever was to push a lawn mower through the streets to all the little odd parcels of city owned grass dotted round the town. The best job I ever had, on my rounds housewives would pitch me to cut their grass offering a couple of quid, a few of them even suggesting payment in kind, happy days! Cycling home to Worlds End one day I noticed a sign outside a travel agency it read “ Laker Airways: London to Los Angeles £106. I was on the plane the following week to a new life in California.
Haha! What a cracking story that, I could feel the heat, smell the warm air and share your buzz while reading that!