PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - China Southern medical?
View Single Post
Old 5th Jan 2018, 09:58
gulliBell

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I recently finished a 3 year contract with China Southern as a sim instructor in their training department. I have no complaints at all. They treated me well, paid exactly as per the contract, you just go with the flow with the medical and all the China admin. You have a minder the whole of the way who takes you to where you need to go, jump through the hoops you need to jump through, talks to the right people to make things happen, etc etc. Eventually you get to the end of the induction process. There are some minor out-of-pocket expenses along the way, it's easier just to pay it and submit an expense claim and they pay you back the following month. You are on a basic salary whilst undergoing induction, but it's more than $100/day. Can't remember the actual number, probably closer to $200/day after tax.

Sure, some guys fail their sim check-rides. If you think the pilots get hard sim rides, I can tell you they are much tougher doing check rides on their own sim instructors. They gave me a hard time, spared no mercy at all. I never saw anybody get failed unfairly, and plenty that might have failed but weren't. All things considered the whole experience was a big thumbs up from me.

Last edited by gulliBell; 5th Jan 2018 at 10:11.