PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Southampton-2
Thread: Southampton-2
View Single Post
Old 4th Jan 2018, 15:53
The Nutts Mutts

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
A320.b744

I'm not taking issue with what you've written, I'd just like to ask for a little more information about how this works in practice out of personal curiosity?
I'm assuming that even if the two companies have separate route planning departments as you say, there must be some level of cooperation to avoid duplication of routes or unintended internal competition?
And how does it work when a route is flown by both EZS and EZY? Among other airports, this will be the case from SOU in March and April following the season extension with the Tuesday and Thursday flights flown by EZS but the Saturday flight flown by EZY. So does the Saturday flight technically become a new EZY route as they haven't flown it before, or do EZS when planning the schedule pick up the phone to their EZY counterparts and ask them to provide an A319 to fill a gap in their schedule?
Just interested to know how it all works. Until I read it on here I always assumed that EZS would provide operational equipment and staff on their Swiss AOC, but that all schedule, marketing and other corporate decisions would be made centrally for the whole easyJet group.