PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Suparna Airlines
View Single Post
Old 3rd Jan 2018, 19:03
Dr. Eldon Tyrrel

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by VAMY
For those thinking of joining Suparna.

Bear in mind that they're part of the Hainin Group, as are a lot of other Chinese airlines.

There are lots of articles breaking news in the financial internet media that the group is running into financial trouble & that questions are being asked at very high levels about who the true owners are.

Sounds more than a bit suspect to me.

Also, so the rumours say, some of the subsidiary airlines that the group owns are not paying their bills. This includes the pilot salaries at BCA to name but one.

If they are in financial trouble, which the financial media strongly indicates they are, then for sure turbulent waters are ahead.

Suparna hasn't even properly been started yet. It's a planned "new airline". They're still setting up and they're part of the Hainin Group. If the group are in financial trouble, which they seem to be because they're "disposing of assets", then for sure their big order for shiny new B787's will be in great jeopardy and thus the whole idea of the new airline.

I would council that "you read before you leap". At the moment, other Chinese carriers not in the Hainin Group are a much safer bet.

China Southern immediately comes to mind.
Hi VAMY,

Thanks for your heads up.
Well, I’ll do the whole process and see what happens.
I read news regarding HNA financial trouble, after they went on buying spree and some of its subsidiaries are not paying some lessors.
Let’s see what happens next.