PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - DHC Beaver down in Hawkesbury
View Single Post
Old 3rd Jan 2018, 04:09
hugh_jorgan

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Both this prang (if not a mechanical failure) and HTS both involved pissing about at low level over and around terrain
Another GA pilot error crash caused by a stall
I dont think I have ever read 2 more arrogant posts on proon (please someone correct my spelling). Gareth had over 9000 hours on floats. You dont get to 9000 hours on floats by "pissing about". Heres an idea, until more is known about the incident how about everyone keep their opinions to themselves. Yeah we all know what it looks like if you listen to the eyewitness accounts but none of us were sitting next to the pilot at the time so nobody here is qualified to comment on what caused the accident or accuse the pilot of "pissing about".

1. The run out of cottage point in a light northerly does not involve any high risk steep turns.
2. One has to try pretty hard to mishandle a beaver with climb power and climb flap to the point where it falls out of the sky.

That particular operation and the pilots working there are nothing but absolute professionals. They are a great bunch of lads and no doubt that they are all hurting right now after the loss of a colleague.

This is supposed to be a Professional Pilots Rumour Network not a place to go and tell the ATSB how they should be doing their job or attack a fellow pilot that can no longer defend himself.