PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - How is it decided if a drunk passeneger should be denied boarding?
Old 31st Dec 2017, 00:39
ExSp33db1rd

Received 17 Likes on 10 Posts
....... it never gets any further than the Captain..
I was returning to the flight deck on a transit when the pax. started to re-board and an obviously drunk pax. boarded and said to the welcoming steward - "and I'll you for a start." I motioned to a local policeman, who happened to be standing outside the door and it was Left Right, Left Right ... and we never saw him again. Apparently he had been consuming more than he should on the inbound sector and the crew had cut off his supply, tho' they hadn't considered him a threat at that stage, but the extra booze at the terminal bar during the transit had tipped the scales. I wonder how he got on having been offloaded mid-trip at a foreign city ? No questions ever asked of me

the crew have been implicitly threatened with a firing if they question the condition of certain passengers.
Not threatened with firing, but a demand, on an unscheduled weather diversion to Manchester v.v. London, that as a "Personal friend of the Chairman, I ring our Ops. Control and get them to locate his chauffeur waiting at Heathrow and get him to drive the Rolls up to Manchester" Yeah ! Right !

The same pax. asked why I hadn't informed them earlier ( i.e. mid-Atlantic ) that it was foggy in London ? It wasn't, I said, and what would you have done, got off ?