PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - PNG crash
Thread: PNG crash
View Single Post
Old 30th Dec 2017, 21:44
mudpig

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Bend alot
With due resects, you talk as if on location. What did you do?
Woah there cowboy. I don't know what you're getting at with a response like that but how about you have a good read and then think a bit before shooting your mouth off.

My reply was simply a brief timeline and a correction to what was previously requested. I'm sure you're well aware of the amount of rpt traffic passing through NZ on a daily basis. When we passed through ISM hadn't officially been confirmed missing yet. Slightly overdue yes but not missing.

When we passed through on Sunday we'd already been informed that Hevilift were sending one of there 402s.
Which, unfortunately, didn't arrive till Sunday afternoon.

I've also been involved in a search previously (Tropicair caravan). But when you're operating on a part 121 aircraft you simply cannot buzz around low enough to see anything below the jungle canopy or for any considerable time to assist. This really does make you feel helpless I can assure you that. In terrain and jungle like that you can really only look for smoke.
But as we found out later NCA aircraft have gps trackers so they already had some coordinates. The only suitable search aircraft was there own Pac the other islander or any choppers that could assist.

The situation was constantly in everyone's mind across the weekend. Many phone calls between friends to find out more information or make suggestions of contacts at companies that may have equipment to help.

Seeing as though your so quick to ask "What did you do?" How about you send a letter to the PNG Government or even the PNGDF force and ask where were they during all of this. But, I'm sure you know the answer to that.