PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Opinions about Ibertour (Spain) and Smart Aviation ( Poland )
Old 28th Dec 2017, 21:20
Porcellino

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I'm currently finishing my CPL/ME/IR at Smart Aviation, and I would recommend over training in Spain.
I've flown in Spain (30hrs) and paying 100-170euros for a fleet that's in average 30 years old compared to flying glass cockpit brand new planes for 100-125 euros was very appealing for me.

EPPO Airport is very good at handling VFR traffic and while normal commercial aviation. This is said from doing my night rating in Liverpool where I had to wait 10 minutes holding on the pattern for a Ryanair that was 8 minutes away. At Poznan ATC are well trained for this and you rarely hold for more than 5 minutes, when extremely busy. The experience from all this traffic is as well very rewarding.

The new sim is a beauty and it handles very good, done 40hrs IR training with 2 captains from Wizz Air. Although demanding this part of the training was very helpful as I gained a lot of experience from them on how to expect things to be working in an airline.

Lastly I've already met 5 people at Smart Aviation that started their training at Bartolini and decided to change halfway.