PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - INDIA OCI HELP
Thread: INDIA OCI HELP
View Single Post
Old 28th Dec 2017, 20:32
rubikscube1348

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by rajmercury
Dear Fellow Aviators,
Could you guys update me on regarding getting your security clearances from DGCA for the purpose of Computer number and/or CPL,etc.? I am looking for getting the same done for a friend of mine who is a foreign national in India and wish to complete CPL.
Your replies are much appreciated, thanks & regards.
Hey Raj, if your friend hasnt done his CPL then I would suggest him to apply for his computer number before pursuing flight training.
The process for applying is not difficult but there is no time line as to when he will receive his clearance. I applied 9 months ago and am still waiting for clearance from one dept. Your file goes to five major dept. who do a background check and then issue you the computer number. Once it is sent by the DGCA, it is a waiting game because all DGCA can do send reminders but it is upto the depts. to complete your clearance. There is no proper as to when they will receive the clearances.
I have heard of people waiting for upto 2 years and still no response.

Its a very pathetic system and a waste of time if not done right. I have already missed 3 exam attempts and probably the 4th as well. I am now heading back and will have to find gig.
So I would suggest to get the clearance before CPL or wait.
Let me know if you have any questions.