PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Wizzair-2
Thread: Wizzair-2
View Single Post
Old 26th Dec 2017, 08:25
1sky

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by canberra97

WIZZ officially announced a few months ago that they had no plans to fly North America after 'rumours' on the internet suggested that they were intending on doing so.
In fairness, what Wizz Air said was:
asked if he would follow Danish carrier Primera in launching into the budget transatlantic market, he said there were “no plans at the moment”, and said offering flights to destinations like Spain would be “a very silly thing to do”.
https://www.ttgmedia.com/news/news/wizz-air-expands-at-luton-but-rules-out-us-flights-12383

If you read PR statements carefully, there is a difference between “no plans” and “no plans at the moment”. The latter keeps the door open for something to happen in the future (unlike the statement in the same press release that operating UK-Spain would be “a very silly thing”).

While I have my doubts Wizz Air are seriously considering North America anytime soon, they would have the benefit of a potential LTN hub (with an inbound wave of almost 20 flights every morning as feed). That’s a huge asset that Primera, Norwegian and the other new entrants are lacking. I remember when everyone dismissed the notion of Ryanair ever doing connecting flights.

The Wizz A321NEOs should have the range.