PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - The Shepherd
Thread: The Shepherd
View Single Post
Old 24th Dec 2017, 20:40
Pali

Received 224 Likes on 37 Posts
On my way to visit my parents today I looked up and saw few contrails on the sky. I realised that most of the passengers are not leaving. They are heading home.

Pilots may miss Christmas eve because they are on duty. But I wish they could perceive all the joy they cause when they bring the loved ones to the festive table.

I am not a pilot (just being partly acquainted professionally with aviation) but I would like to express my gratitude to all of you who make it happen – we arrive safely wherever we go as SLF. You are our shepherds on seats 0A and 0B every time we want to fly somewhere.

I've heard a story today from a lady who experienced hard time 40 years ago because her mother became ill and she was placed with her brother into an asylum. Mother was released on Christmas eve and she was unable to go shopping to buy some gifts, only thing she could do was to bring the Christmas tree. Picked up her children and there was nothing below the tree. Yet the lady who told me the story said that she remembers this as the best Christmas ever. It was just being with the loved ones, at home. That was more than enough.

As I watched the sky today I was thinking of all the pilots who bring the joy to the world.

Thank you very much!