Depending on the flight schedule, I get BF (breakfast), LN (lunch), SN (snack), DN (dinner) or SP (supper) on the Airplane.
- Always have a Light Meal on board (consisting of sandwiches, fruit, cakes, crackers, yogurts, cereal bars and water).
As for the main meals served on board they consist of:
- 2 choices min (fish/meat based with rice/potatoes sides for LN + DN), small pasta plates, chicken fillets or other "lighter" options as well (for SN and SP)
- starter/salad (crappy little thing with no veggies lol)
- desert (choc mousse/pudding/cake/sweet stuff)
- salt crackers + cheese
- bread + butter
- drinks from AC (except alcohol)
Breakfast (varies a lot):
- omelet/Scrambled eggs+meats/sweet crepes+fruit+cream_cheese/meat skewers+grilled veggies/cereals/strange stuff
- breads (white/dark/corn/sweet/cake_like)
- butter/honey/jam selection
When on stay, according to "when" we're staying out, we get an allowance to eat out at our description (amount based on where we are. Average 28/meal + 16/over night). BF included with hotel contract and usually we get discounts (~25% for eating at the hotel and sometimes, as well, "crew meal" - friendly :P)
If schedule changes, and we are supposed to have meal on board with new schedule, or due catering irregularity, the equivalent will be deposited in on the next pay check.
the food allowance is more then enough to eat out and you can easily save ~40%-50% of the total (values tax free ~ 600/month total... more on summer)
Think that's it! hope it helps you out
Company: TAP Portugal (the one and only)