PPRuNe Forums


South Asia and the Far East News and views on the fast growing and changing aviation scene on the planet.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 16th Feb 2017, 11:27   #21 (permalink)
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: Earth
Posts: 362
Quote:
I heard they hire low hour people in CEB as long as you have an A320 type rating. If things change in the future, I might just stick with the CFI path... havent tried anything. How about you ?

I know it's a big risk but I'm sure we'll end up somewhere... might just take years of hour building.
I am in Europe, and if the Philippines is anything like here, do not, whatever you do, pay for a type rating without a job at the end of it. Where I currently work, they will specifically not employ you if you have a TR but no actual hours on type. It is a huge waste of cash.

Go down the CFI route, that's far better.
Officer Kite is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 16th Feb 2017, 12:57   #22 (permalink)
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Location: earth
Posts: 91
Quote:
Originally Posted by Officer Kite View Post
I am in Europe, and if the Philippines is anything like here, do not, whatever you do, pay for a type rating without a job at the end of it. Where I currently work, they will specifically not employ you if you have a TR but no actual hours on type. It is a huge waste of cash.

Go down the CFI route, that's far better.
Unfortunately CP will hire with no experience just to put a body in the right seat. Lance would have these planes flown single pilot if he could get CAAP to go along with it.

There is no safety culture at CP. It all revolves around how much money LYG can make.
Black Crow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th Feb 2017, 14:43   #23 (permalink)
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: Earth
Posts: 362
Quote:
Unfortunately CP will hire with no experience just to put a body in the right seat. Lance would have these planes flown single pilot if he could get CAAP to go along with it.

There is no safety culture at CP. It all revolves around how much money LYG can make.
You seem to know a lot about cebu pacific. Did you previously fly the 320 for them? Are you filipino or not? Maybe that's why you had a bad experience?

I'm very interested
Officer Kite is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 16th Feb 2017, 22:54   #24 (permalink)
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: lagos
Posts: 577
Air Asia Malaysia and Cebu Pacific both hire non experienced people.

From the feedback I have heard from both companies is that training is generally okay , standards definitely lower in the Philippines . Air Asia also has far better command opportunities right now , for Malaysians. Cebu upgrades very few expats but it is possible.

Under no illusion should you belive after you do your type rating you are guarenteed a job , it's all luck!
pfvspnf is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 16th Feb 2017, 23:16   #25 (permalink)
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Oct 2016
Location: Philippines
Posts: 28
Quote:
Originally Posted by pfvspnf View Post
Air Asia Malaysia and Cebu Pacific both hire non experienced people.

From the feedback I have heard from both companies is that training is generally okay , standards definitely lower in the Philippines . Air Asia also has far better command opportunities right now , for Malaysians. Cebu upgrades very few expats but it is possible.

Under no illusion should you belive after you do your type rating you are guarenteed a job , it's all luck!
Luck... and connections, I guess ! It's always been like that here in the country.
nimblenoodles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th Feb 2017, 12:57   #26 (permalink)
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Location: earth
Posts: 91
Quote:
Originally Posted by pfvspnf View Post
Air Asia Malaysia and Cebu Pacific both hire non experienced people.

From the feedback I have heard from both companies is that training is generally okay , standards definitely lower in the Philippines . Air Asia also has far better command opportunities right now , for Malaysians. Cebu upgrades very few expats but it is possible.

Under no illusion should you belive after you do your type rating you are guarenteed a job , it's all luck!
Training is abysmal at CP. Standards are very weak, no safety culture and with exception most of the trainers have no business instructing. A few of the senior instructors (BJ, JL, RG) actually do a good job, but they are few. The idiots at PAAT have no business in the classroom or simulator.

Air Asia has a real training program and runs it professionally.
Black Crow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th Feb 2017, 13:44   #27 (permalink)
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Oct 2016
Location: Philippines
Posts: 28
Quote:
Originally Posted by Black Crow View Post
Training is abysmal at CP. Standards are very weak, no safety culture and with exception most of the trainers have no business instructing. A few of the senior instructors (BJ, JL, RG) actually do a good job, but they are few. The idiots at PAAT have no business in the classroom or simulator.

Air Asia has a real training program and runs it professionally.
So do you still work at CP ? Or did you leave already ? You seem to dislike them a lot. Hehe.
nimblenoodles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th Feb 2017, 15:48   #28 (permalink)
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Location: earth
Posts: 91
Quote:
Originally Posted by nimblenoodles View Post
So do you still work at CP ? Or did you leave already ? You seem to dislike them a lot. Hehe.
It's not a matter of like or dislike, it's a matter of truth. Unfortunately the truth hurts for CP.

Many there will not tell you the truth for fear of retribution, which CP is known for.
Black Crow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th Mar 2017, 08:56   #29 (permalink)
MKJ
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Malaysia
Posts: 2
Hi Black Crow,
I've sent you a PM.
MKJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT. The time now is 16:44.


1996-2012 The Professional Pilots Rumour Network

SEO by vBSEO 3.6.1