I have just done my IT this morning (18th Nov) and I totally screwed up the 2nd listening part and the Numeracy Test.
I am not sure if it is just my problem but i found it a bit different to what holdmetight
1. We started the test at 9:55, and we finished the whole test at 11:30, so the test only lasted for a bit more than 1 and a half hours, which is 1 hour less than what the invitation letter said, and half an hour less than holdmetight
2. the Grammar Test is as easy as spelling your own name. out of the 100 questions (i actually forgot how many questions there, let say a 100 first), i supposed people would only get...mayb at most 10 wrong?
I think everyone should be fine in this part, but we actually finish the test before 10:30, so we only had 30 minutes instead of 50 mins.
3. Listening Part A, is not hard also, but I do think I had around 10 - 15 wrong, due to LACK OF CONCENTRATION!!!!!
the test is NOT hard, they speak PREFECT english, and they do not SPEAK really fast. but the problem is, there is NO time for a breath between questions!!! and I took....3 - 4 breaths, and then i just lost concentration.
but still, even if i lost a bit of concentration, it wasnt too bad, I still managed to get most the question right, i m very sure.
4. Listening Part B!!!! this is where the biggest problem is!!!!
said we would have about 10 seconds to read about 4-6 questions and memorize them. but the fact is, NO, you dont have any chances to read the questions before you listen to the tape.
honestly, I did find this ridiculous, I had NEVER done any listening test that DO NOT give you time to take a look at the question first, and you cant even drop notes during the tape was played.
each tape played for around a minute, and I can hear everything from the tape clearly, but i had no idea what to look for during the tape was played.
for the first passage, i was completely shocked and didnt managed to write a single word!!!!
for the second passage, i was still shocked, didnt managed to write a single word either,
and by the time i realised how to play this game, its alraedy TOO late, and I manged to answer 2 out of 3 questions for the last passage.
5. As a Maths Teacher, With a decent result in Maths for the HSC, and a bachelor degree majoring in Maths, i must admit, i underestimated the difficulty of the Numeracy Test.
the Questions are not hard at all, but just like holdmetight
said, it is almost impossible to completed within 30 mins. I managed to get 4 done (out of 7), so i would probably say....I failed this as well.