PPRuNe Forums


South Asia and Far East Wannabes A forum for those applying to Cathay Pacific, Dragonair or any other Hong Kong-based airline or operator. Use this area for both Direct Entry Pilot and Cadet-scheme queries.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 7th Aug 2017, 08:46   #7221 (permalink)
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Location: Earth
Age: 24
Posts: 35
Quote:
Originally Posted by RLYVR View Post
Hey everyone,

just a quick update. The Advanced Entry program is SUSPENDED for the remainder of 2017 with no current plans to re-open it. Details come directly from CX flight crew recruitment team.
Well thats a bitch. Gotta find other low time places now...
varundatta.hk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th Aug 2017, 08:49   #7222 (permalink)


Probationary PPRuNer
 
Join Date: Jul 2017
Location: HK
Posts: 3
I failed KA cut-e in May this year, and was told to re-apply after 1 year. Do anyone know whether it affects the CX process since now CX use cut-e too.

I failed CX 1B two years ago and applied last month. No news so far. I heard some saying that the time to re-apply for KA and CX counts together now, which means I have to wait until next year to get back from CX.

Any ideas?
crazyfootball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th Aug 2017, 11:21   #7223 (permalink)
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Hong Kong
Age: 31
Posts: 4
Hi may I know if anyone who's having stage 2 on 23rd aug? Please contact me through +852 6019 0040 many thanks !
RonnieWithNoDoubt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th Aug 2017, 19:32   #7224 (permalink)
 
Join Date: Feb 2016
Location: Hong Kong
Posts: 17
Quote:
I failed KA cut-e in May this year, and was told to re-apply after 1 year. Do anyone know whether it affects the CX process since now CX use cut-e too.

I failed CX 1B two years ago and applied last month. No news so far. I heard some saying that the time to re-apply for KA and CX counts together now, which means I have to wait until next year to get back from CX.

Any ideas?

You can't retake the test within 12 months from your last test date, regardless of the Airlines. New policy. So if you have taken the test with KA this year, then you can only retake the test with CX next year, although I heard there's an exception. I suggest you to check with the Recruitment team since they are the one who have the final say. Cheers.
divergent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th Aug 2017, 09:52   #7225 (permalink)
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Hong Kong
Posts: 1
Hi I am going to take the initial test next week
does anyone know whether the multiple choice test will be within the scope of the designated syllabus of the FAA handbook?
am thinking about whether to dig deep and go through the book again or to study a bit broader than just that

Last edited by ericscleung; 16th Aug 2017 at 02:20.
ericscleung is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th Aug 2017, 06:20   #7226 (permalink)


Probationary PPRuNer
 
Join Date: Jun 2017
Location: USA
Posts: 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by ericscleung View Post
Hi I am going to take the initial test next week
does anyone know whether the multiple choice test will be within the scope of the designated syllabus of the FAA handbook?
am thinking about whether to dig deep and go through the book again or to study a bit broader than just that
Feedback on what they ask on the test.
polarbear616 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th Aug 2017, 10:06   #7227 (permalink)
 
Join Date: Sep 2016
Location: United Kingdom
Posts: 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by ericscleung View Post
Hi I am going to take the initial test next week
does anyone know whether the multiple choice test will be within the scope of the designated syllabus of the FAA handbook?
am thinking about whether to dig deep and go through the book again or to study a bit broader than just that
I think the booklet will give you all you need for the test. After all, it is the official book for pilot knowledge. So what else would there be needed to learn. Just learn some Cathay key facts such as history, aircrafts they use, routes and all of that. (Also learn about which is Cathay major shareholders :Swire Pacific Ltd and Air China Ltd as they slipped that in the test when I took it).
mmb327 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th Aug 2017, 07:38   #7228 (permalink)
 
Join Date: Feb 2017
Location: Adelaide
Posts: 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by RLYVR View Post
Hey everyone,

just a quick update. The Advanced Entry program is SUSPENDED for the remainder of 2017 with no current plans to re-open it. Details come directly from CX flight crew recruitment team.
No wonder one of the staff in FTA said they didn't get any news from CX about the Advanced Entry program. I hope they open next year!
air_xyz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th Aug 2017, 15:40   #7229 (permalink)
 
Join Date: Jun 2016
Location: HONG KONG
Posts: 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by crazyfootball View Post
I failed KA cut-e in May this year, and was told to re-apply after 1 year. Do anyone know whether it affects the CX process since now CX use cut-e too.

I failed CX 1B two years ago and applied last month. No news so far. I heard some saying that the time to re-apply for KA and CX counts together now, which means I have to wait until next year to get back from CX.

Any ideas?
I am in the same boat as well. Have you got any updates from CX?
ebannawtolip is online now   Reply With Quote
Reply


Tags
cadet pilot, cathay, cathay pacifc, cpp

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT. The time now is 16:36.


1996-2012 The Professional Pilots Rumour Network

SEO by vBSEO 3.6.1