Go Back  PPRuNe Forums > PPRuNe Worldwide > South Asia and the Far East
Reload this Page >

cadet pilot spice/kingfisher/indigo

South Asia and the Far East News and views on the fast growing and changing aviation scene on the planet.

cadet pilot spice/kingfisher/indigo

Old 19th Apr 2008, 11:14

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
are you straight out of the XII th grade?
Old 20th Apr 2008, 05:25

I have finished my post graduation. I am making a mid-career change from IT into aviation
Old 20th Apr 2008, 07:05

copy that! i've a post grad as well ... but no work ex

so well, the only word of advice right now is to go through a cadet program ... i personally know a whole bunch of non-cadets with Indian CPL's who are sitting job less ... the Boom has long come and gone.
Old 20th Apr 2008, 12:47

I agree with you here, however these is one more long term worry. What if due to falling passenger demands/higher oil prices the airlines running the cadet program, holds up their planes on order? Will they then honor the job offers to the cadets? I c a lean patch for the next couple of years for the airline industry as a whole.

AFAIK over 200 people are currently in various stages of a certian indian blue airline's cadet program, however a single one of these cadets is yet to join the flight deck.

More over the current jobless indian CPL's are not trying for chinese jobs or FI training etc? and sitting at home? quite strange dont you think?

Or is it that there are no FI jobs too?
Old 20th Apr 2008, 14:46

Danger

they r not sitting like this without trying because they have to return back there loan which they took from bank which approx 20,000 inr/month .and as i have join as apprentis in one of indian carrier i no that nothing is without jack so to be honest just spend your money only if your father/relative at higher post in airlines otherwise u cant even return back your loan and your parents will be ruined because of u.
Old 21st Apr 2008, 05:23

Thanks @shuchim for pointing out the backdoor factor. Request all Indian cpl wannabe's to be very very careful. Unlike US, India doesnt have a GA to speak of, also with no jobs available, you are in for a hard time.

Please dont make your parents/sponsors regret having paid a bomb to make you a cpl holder.

If you still wanna get your CPL, i suggest, complete your graduation (a must for today's airlines), work for some time, to build up adequate work exp in a different area (as a back up), and then apply to a cpl course.

The days of a 19 year old co-pilot may be over
Old 22nd Apr 2008, 16:09

Well said ..apachelongbow..Its true ..most of the airlines are asking for Graduates..19yr old guy cannt get pilot job in this cut throat competition unless you have some strong source in an airline..its advisable to get some graduation degree before pursuing pilot trg..atleast you will land in some job which will give monetary benefit to repay your loan till you get trainee pilot job..its not anymore cake walk..I believe..alreday around 1000 are job less..another 5 or 6 ( not sure..but for sure more than 5000) aspiring are under trg across the world..think before invest hard earned money..
Old 22nd Apr 2008, 23:12

hey apachelongbow

Cadet programs are the best way to go now.....as someone mentioned b4 the boom has long gone....in fact i was a cadet pilot and one of the first to get back and join th company from the cadet program.....pm if u have q's...cheers
Old 23rd Apr 2008, 15:59

you in kingfisher or SG?
Old 24th Apr 2008, 05:51

/*
Cadet programs are the best way to go now.....as someone mentioned b4 the boom has long gone....in fact i was a cadet pilot and one of the first to get back and join th company from the cadet program.....pm if u have q's...cheers*/

Thanks a lot . Please check your PM.
Old 24th Apr 2008, 10:40

apache u were cadet u havent told this. which airline sponcer u i think its spice jet.
Old 24th Apr 2008, 10:59

no shuchin, i am a wannabe :P. Yet to get into training, and now actively looking at cadetship amongst other options
Old 27th Apr 2008, 08:58

the cadet pilot programes of all airlines ended now will it come or not we cant tell? i think its gone forever because there r so plenty of indian cpl holder now in market that they r jobless .
Old 27th Apr 2008, 09:13

the cadet pilot programes of all airlines ended now ...yes no airlines have a plan for 2008 or 2009 to run such a program.
There are close to 250 CPL's in line waiting for jobs most are willing to pay addtional for a type rating.
Jet & King are the only airlines with massive expansion plans, they will hire from the market no more cadets...
Old 2nd May 2008, 06:27

/*
the cadet pilot programes of all airlines ended now ...yes no airlines have a plan for 2008 or 2009 to run such a program.
There are close to 250 CPL's in line waiting for jobs most are willing to pay addtional for a type rating.
Jet & King are the only airlines with massive expansion plans, they will hire from the market no more cadets...
*/

Please justify your statements above with hard data! On what basis have you made these statements? Source/links are welcome.

AFAIK spicejet is still on with its cadet program, in fact united aviation is conducting the spice jet exams, one may reach them through their website.

What is the basis of your 250 pilots waiting for jobs and ready to pay for type rating?

Who gave you the data about KF and Jet with expansion plans?

Request everyone to state facts with supporting data, otherwise this thread serves no purpose
Old 8th May 2008, 11:55

yes apache all airline have stopped cadet ship but ya spice jet only will there to did it last time and its inteview is in may/june pls regulerly check the site unitedaviation.in
Old 11th May 2008, 17:11

IMO the cadet pilot program limits your options at the time of training as well as when you go out job hunting…
The only way it helps is to get a bank loan…..which doesn’t turn out to be quite as helpful once you’re 1500K in debt!....
Old 13th May 2008, 09:07

@ aero fan: That is an interesting line of thought!. I mean yes being a cadet will definitely not allow one to 'explore' other pilot openings, but this is true only when the market is/was booming and multiple jobs were on offer.

Now when we have 1000 CPL holders running for 20 jobs, then it surely makes sense to be secure with a cadetship, because we know that we surely have a job in hand when we finish our training.

Regarding limited exposure of training, all these are finally up to the person. If you do want to learn your fundamentals right, you need to beg/borrow/pester/steal more time/hours from your instructor and school.

And finally think about this. Which would you prefer?
1) Being 20-30 lakh (Rs 20,00,000-30,00,000) in debt 'without' a job in hand
2) Being 40 lakh (taking an extreme upper limit) in debt , bonded as a cadet with any airline 'with' a secure job
Old 13th May 2008, 17:23

Apechelongbow,
Some good thoughts there. Landing a job is important...esp after you've put in that much into it.
Here's a scenario. You're bonded with an airline...40L in debt...and STILL not exactly employed by the airline...just a part of their 'pool'

Still of the opinion that the cadet program is useful only to the airline...they have their pool of pilot's waiting...and, they never invested a penny in their training
Old 29th May 2008, 12:15

Thumbs up Spice jet cadet pilot 2008

Hi,
I am going to give the pilot Exam for Spice jet and Kingfisher.
If you waana be a pilot, this is the only sure shot way of getting into them. Do tell me when you are giving the exam. I might join you.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.