I can't give you any advice on Air Macau but having lived in Macau
on & off over the past couple of years here's the gen on living
* accommodation costs are a fraction of HKG
* utilities are reasonable except for phone costs in & out of Macau which are somewhat excessive.
* Taipa Island is where you'll want to live as do many of the expats
* Taipa Village has quite a collection of good restaurants
Cantonese , Macanese & Portugese.
* Good supermarket near T/village - Park N Shop - has reasonably priced wines & beers in the liquor section.
Also a good Cantonese 'take away' food kitchen - buy up a
few meals at a time & put them in your freezer then reheat in a microwave.
* Lonely Planet guide is a bit out of date but has worthwhile info.
* If you're a history buff there's plenty to see after almost 400 years of being a Portugese colony.
* The Macanese are more laid back than the HongKongese and the place has a certain provincial charm.
* Tourist office at Largo Senada on Macau Island has lots of good tourist type info worth getting when you arrive
Hope this helps - any questions put on the post & I'll try to answer