Professional Pilot Training (includes ground studies)A forum for those on the steep path to that coveted professional licence. Whether studying for the written exams, training for the flight tests or building experience here's where you can hang out.
Right *puts his about-to-cause-a-fuss hat on*. The last thing I want to do is start a fight, but I object slightly at Scrogg's closing of the love me/hate me thread. *nervous laugh*
He claimed the reason was because it was non-wannabe specific, but isn't part of the PPRuNe wannabe network the developing of a community, and isn't it slightly difficult to develop that community if we are completely restricted to plane talk??
Granted, popularity seems to be a wee bit of a problem for this guy and pleasepleaseplease lets not get into another debate about his merits, but I don't think it was right to cut the thread off.
Why not have the wannabes forum 90% aviation and the remaining 10% a chance to get to know other users? I may be jumping up the wrong tree, but I would be interested in hearing other peoples views.....If this thread doesn't get barred as well
I don't read Wannabes that regularly, and I don't know ronchonner or his postings that well. However, my immediate feeling about that thread was that here was someone on a massive ego trip, who wanted to be talked about, whether he was loved or hated. Not appropriate. We get to know each other anyway, and PPRuNe is usually pretty flexible. Well done scroggs!
Ultimately it's down to maintaining a reasonable signal to noise ratio for all the forums. We act as we see fit to keep each forum on the right track whether by editing, moving, deleting posts or removing posting rights.
It's our call and it's part of our job to take any flack that comes with it. When people vehemently disagree you have to remember that we can call up every post they've ever made. It's a form of quality assurance that has worked well over the years.
Now, I can see how british people are: close narrow minded people.By banning me, you ban an ATP pilot who worked hard to get his licenses.By banning me, you accept that your system is crapt and the only way to stay on this web site is to join a system which is corrupted by a ego country controlled by a racist/fachist/.../governemt. the a$$hole who own this web site want make a quality web site with quality people. who are you to ban me, do you think you are better than FAA pilots. Dont you see, than we are kicking your butt! I think you are not better than Mr bean, you are a geek,a jerk,and probably a Gay UK JAR pilot with a yellow tattoo on his dick!
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" size="2">Dont you see, than we are kicking your butt! I think you are not better than Mr bean, you are a geek,a jerk,and probably a Gay UK JAR pilot with a yellow tattoo on his dick! eh, no offense, ok?</font>
Now THAT's what I call comedy!
Ronchonner, Allez a Jetblast toute de suite!
"Every absurdity has it's champion" LOL...
ps I agree with the notion that Wannabes should be a little more gossipy; R&N seems to have got the useful info:general chit-chat ratio about right
I'm with PPRuNe Towers but they didn't go far enough. It may be that we want the site to represent a real community but do we really want the drunks, drug-dealers, other criminals and psychos? I think not.
Some people are so far up their own arse and ability... just enjoy the fun and concentrate on your exams, there are to many who are intrested in themselves and are not actually old enough to be interesting, please grow up.