Need help with some questions
Iím in need for some answers on some questions, and I hope there is someone out there that can help me out a little. If you donít have all the answers, just help me with the one you have J
It would be great if you have a short explanation to the answers as well, but the answers are the most important thing J
1) What is correct of the following:
- VEF and V1 are the decision speeds used in case of an engine failure
- Vef is the critical engine sped in case of an engine failure
- Vef is the decision speed in case of an engine failure
- Vef is the maximum speed for extended flap operations
2) IN some cases the max take-off mass is limited by Vmbe, why?
- Because if Vmbe is applicable for an aeroplane, V1 cannot be allowed higher than this speed and consequently the max take-off mass is limited
- Because if Vmbe is applicable for an aeroplane, Vlof cannot be allowed higher than this speed and consequently the max take-off mass is limited.
- Because the heat released creates extra drag, decreases acceleration and consequently the max take-off mass must be limited
- Because Vmbe in some cases limits the take-off mass
3) The lowest possible value for V1 is:
- Equal to VMCA plus the speed gained in the recognition time
- Equal to VMCA
- Equal to VMCG plus the speed gained in the recognition time
- Equal to VMCG
4) V2 is a speed that will allow:
- The initial climb to be continued with safe margin to stall and to VMCA, with one of the engines failed
- The initial climb to be continued with a safe margin to stall and to VMCA, with the critical engine failed
5) At higher weights the V2 value is determined by:
6) When is the take- offsaid to be a balanced field length take-off?
TODR > ASDR
TODR < ASDR
TODR = ASDR
TORR = ASDR
7) What is correct?
ASDA shall not exceed ASDR
TODR shall not exceed TORA
TORR shall not exceed ASDR
TORR shall not exceed TORA
8) Why is the speed for best glide for a jet aircraft not used as an operational descend speed?
- Jet engines idling over al long period of time are susceptible to engine intake icing
- Because of passenger discomfort resulting from noise and vibration
- Because the speed instability and a small margin to stall
- Because the descent grade is shallower