A few questions for the EK 777 pilots out there:
1. Given that the 777F fleet is rather small at the moment, for each pilot, what percentage of your personal flying is cargo flying? 5% of your total 777 flying?
2. Is a 777F flight randomly assigned or can people bid for those flights?
3. Can you start a trip flying a cargo flight and then end the trip with a passenger flight (if the 777 and 777F serve the same destination)?
4. I have spoken with some pilots who just prefer freight to passengers - less stress in their viewpoint. If you have flown both for EK, which is your preference?
5. Lastly, do the 777Fs have nice layovers (similar destinations to passenger fleet like HKG and FRA) or do they serve some non-passenger destinations in addition that are less than desireable?
Does the freighter operation increase your route variety by much?
The freighter side sounds like a nice option for EK 777 pilots. Something different... Obviously Qatar is ramping-up its cargo operation with its own 777Fs and the recent announcement that up to 20 A330s will be converted to freigters (probably to eventually tie-up with Cargolux aircraft).